Celebrating our Spring TermBack
2022 is flying by and we wrap up the Spring Term with much to remember such as the reintroduction of extra curricular clubs, school trips and the presentation of outstanding awards from the last academic year.
Highlights have included:
- Cup Winners and House Students of the Year trophy presentations.
- Charity fundraising including Refugee Action Support led by Head Students James and Katerina.
- World Book Day, with hundreds of free book vouchers given to our Year 7 and 8 students by our literary character themed English Faculty.
- Year 11 presentations on topics such as the environment, tackling racism in sport and lowering the voting age for Citizenship Action Day.
- GCSE Music trip to see the Alina Orchestra at the Stevenage Music Centre.
- Visiting the 'This Girl Can' sports festival to promote fitness.
- Year 10 Oxford University STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) visit.
- Giving out awards to recognise the students in each subject area who have put in the most effort this term, as well as those who have excelled in a skill.
- Further awards for our students who support those new to the Hertswood Community.
- The continuation of our long-running Photo Challenges, with the February theme of 'Exploration'.
- A monumental Minecraft construction of a winter view of our new academy buildings by Gracjan, Kacper, Gabriel and David.
Next term, we wish our Year 11 and Year 13 students all the best as they face the first set of external exams in three years. In the meantime, we are running revision classes during the holiday to help students prepare (Year 11 Revision Timetable, Year 13 Revision Timetable).
As always, thank you for your ongoing support and I wish you and your family an enjoyable holiday break.
Peter Gillett, Headteacher
Find us on Social Media
We have expanded the content we publish to our Social Media pages this year, including our newly launched Instagram. Be sure to take a look and follow if you'd like to keep up with the latest from Hertswood.