- News & Events
- Reflecting on 2022
Reflecting on 2022Back
As we wish everyone a Happy New Year and look forward to a productive and rewarding 2023, certain to be full of opportunity and promise, we also look back on the accomplishments of our community during last term.
Below are some of the highlights from the busy autumn term of 2022. Click the links to read more if you missed any, and enjoy a selection of images below.
-Peter Gillett, Headteacher
- Celebrated fantastic results from our GCSE students and Sixth Form, and congratulated Leo on his acceptance to Imperial.
- Congratulated Cavendish on their House's win in the Summer School House Cup.
- Held an outstanding Open Evening, thanks to the hard work of so many staff and students.
- Launched the Duke of Edinburgh Award at the Academy.
- Improved the Academy with Hertswood's Big Ideas, new trees from the Woodland Trust, and upcycling from our Library Assistants team.
- Supported charities, with a bake sale for cancer support, donating food to local families, support for Remembrance Day, and the poppy appeal.
- Shared some of our students' flight experiences in amazing video.
- Celebrated students' hard work in library assistance, in music with cupcakes, and across the Academy with our autumn awards.
- Focused on the sciences, with Global Experiments in Chemistry, and a look into our new Biology Club's first and second sessions.
- Explored our students' creativity with 'Land, Sea & Sky' artwork, tweets for Black History Month, poetry for the environment, 'Animal' artwork, our autumn photography challenge, and Year 13 'Surfaces' artwork.
- Held a superb Christmas Arts Event, with both artwork on display and amazing student performances.
- Showed a stand against bullying with Odd Socks during Anti-Bullying Week.