Celebrating GCSE ResultsBack
Once again, we are very pleased to celebrate with our students following an excellent set of GCSE results. Students have worked against the odds through the pandemic and overcome all of the challenges that they faced to achieve brilliant outcomes. We are looking forward to welcoming many Year 11 students into our brilliant Sixth Form, who also received fantastic results last week!
Hertswood's Year 11 students have managed to achieve the following:
- 70% 9-4 in Maths
- 63% 9-4 in English
- 70%+ 9-4 in Art (82%), Photography (72%), Drama (90%), Biology (100%), Chemistry (100%), Physics (100%), PE (74%)
- 70%+ Level 2 Pass in IT (79%), Business (80%), BTEC Sport (79%), BTEC Dance (95%), Health and Social Care (86%)
Congratulations to all of our students and thank you to all those who have supported them through the last few years. Getting results like this during this time really is a community effort!
Peter Gillett, Headteacher, said “Our students have performed incredibly well despite the huge disruption to their education over the last few years. This is a testament to their hard work and perseverance, the effort and guidance from our dedicated staff and of course, support from families and friends. I wish all students and their families the very best for the future.”
Our top 5 students (below) achieved 52 grades 9-7 between them.
- Grace Eldo -- 12 GCSEs (or equivalent) with grades 9,9,9,9,8,8,8,7,7,Distinction*, Distinction*,Distinction
- Darren Arquero -- 11 GCSEs with grades 9,9,9,8,8,8,8,8,7,7,7
- Jessica Gale -- 11 GCSEs (or equivalent) with grades 9,9,9,8,8,8,7,7,7,7,Distinction
- Yasmin Pickford -- 10 GCSEs (or equivalent) with grades 9,9,8,8,8,8,7,7,6,Distinction*
- Lucie Brooker -- 10 GCSEs with grades 9,9,8,8,8,8,8,7,6,5