|"The sixth form is outstanding."
"Students flourish in an environment where they are well taught and supported."
Lessons are not the only place for learning, there is much more to Sixth Form at Hertswood. We also prepare students for life after Hertswood both academic and in terms of their social responsibilities. We place a strong emphasis on super curricular activities, which allow students to demonstrate engagement in a specific subject which universities and employers like to see. Trips and events include:
- Year 12 UCAS Conference trip
- Year 12 Micro-Tyco Challenge in conjunction with Deloitte
- Year 12 London Monopoly Challenge
- Year 12 The Brilliant Club Scholars Programme
- Year 12 CanSat project in conjunction with the European Space Agency
- Year 12 & 13 National Theatre production screenings
- Year 12 & 13 External Speakers, including academics, business leaders and politicians
- Year 13 Leavers’ Day
- Year 13 Leavers’ Party
We also have regular subject based trips and visits. Recent destinations have included subject specific study conferences in London, the Tate Modern Art Gallery, Kew Gardens, the Houses of Parliament, the Science Learning Centre, West End theatre trips and visits to local businesses and organisations as well as international trips to Italy and Greece.
Students also play a big role in the school community by helping in lessons, supporting school events, raising money for charity and taking part in arts and sports activities. Students can also apply to join the Sixth Form senior team which works with the Sixth Form leadership team and school governors to represent all Hertswood students.
See the Careers page for more information